Want to know why guy you barely know from the 10th grade keeps showing up in your Facebook feed?
A one-month experiment has been conducted to break the algorithm from the social media giant to discover 10 of Facebook’s biggest secrets. yielded the following discoveries:
- A bias against newcomers
- “Most Recent” doesn’t tell the whole story.
- Links are favored over status updates, and photos and videos trump links.
- “Stalking” your friends won’t get you noticed.
- Raise your visibility by getting people to comment.
- It’s hard to get the attention of “popular kids.”